View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 03:47 PM   #1053
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Bacardi poured...... in the way you get them at boozy resorts.

Bloody cold outside, for England, I know Russia, America and other places are a lot colder.

Chatting to Dennis in St Louis, he is so sick and tired of cold and snow.......

Look in the background and you will see the ramp truck recovery he bought to use with the NASCAR Race truck.

The mechanical build is now really close to done, and he is busy with body work now.

So with the wheels loaded, it was off to the tyre shop I like to support. They are helpful, really helpful.

I had hoped to keep three tyres and bin one.

Turned out on closer inspection, one Bridgestone was very really good, and right to go on a full sized spare 16” wheel once I find one. The others, two were oddly worn, 2005 vintage, and the other Bridgestone was a 2007 vintage with sidewall and tread cracks.

Cost me a “drink” to have the four tyres whipped off.

I will be buying my four new tyres from them too.

And while there, I spoke to the manager, and decided to switch from the planned Bridgestone to a set of 4 Avon ZX7 in 235/60 16” 100H rated tyres.

I preferred the tread pattern a lot more than the Bridgestone patterns.

Weirdly, these are marketed as 4x4 tyres.

Lastly, tonight after dark, my doorbell rang, thinking it was Mickey from,next door needing a half a cup of sugar or some cooking oil, I was surprised to find one of our local couriers delivering this,time of the day.

An bunch of Roloc 2” die grinder discs in 60 , 80 , 120 grit and also a load of varying scotch scourers to fit the same application.

Looks like the wheel polishing and finishing kit is coming together too.

Still loads of doubts and concerns here.

Time to relax a bit.

Maybe.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote