View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:46 AM   #11
ValveTubeHead

Re: What headers have you used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawley View Post
Hey thanks for the response! I was thinking also of those hooker headers that were posted ,one of you said they had issues with the oil dipstick and plug wires, I have a new set of wires with the straight ends-I also was wondering if there were a big diffrence in performance between short vs long headers -or just using manifolds- there are some pretty cool tru-ram manifolds in the speedway catologe- what do you think? thanks
90degree boots seem to work best with the hookers, as they can be routed without contacting tubes. Shorties are generally more friendly to install and tuck up tailpipes (if truck is ultra slammed)...long tubes usually more performance minded, but honestly ...unless you're routinely tracking it in some headsup fashion...not to worry over. Either header style should be less restrictive than manifolds and offer more bang per buck; manifolds have a cool factor unto themselves though ymmv.

Dipstick tube was my downfall...the stuck bit in the block was essentially fused to it after 44+yrs; access to that area is pathetic while in vehicle... follow the link in my sig to "2008-0209 header fiasco" folder followed immediately by "2008-0216 engine pull" and look for the chewed nubbin stuck in the block

Last edited by ValveTubeHead; 07-30-2008 at 02:16 AM.
ValveTubeHead is offline   Reply With Quote