View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #3295
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
may I do the Brighton version of boot fairs with your list? If those things were here, it would go a little something like this;

a pair of lump hammers, one for me, one for mate Craig. yeah they're vintage mate £30 each.
Safety glasses. a lot of people are wearing these at the moment mate £65 pair
Large hipster flask £120
D-shackles, big on the gay scene right now, galvanised which is better, I dunno why it is better though. £8 each, I can sort you out some chain as well mate, only a tenner a foot/ you wont get it it any cheaper trust me
Two Desperado glasses, nicked from a pub but they're original, well futile £7 each. £7? but you stole them? yeah it is what it is mate
Mug (starting to wonder who the mug is at this point)
Quirky new Scarf for Joy, oh its a present? she will love it, its only £45
Toy for Wyzz. you have a dog? must be rich... all dogs love these mate, especially your French bulldogs £10
Bearing scraper, priceless. as no one will know what it is, no one will ask how much it is. although some kid with a moustache and a top hat will mumble something to his mate about it being Vintįge
Radio (working) for my kitchen, 50p, too new and ordinary to sell for loads and get shafted, you may well get one for 50p.
Working calculator for my office, needless to say the £20 asking price will be explained with over used adjectives; retro, vintage, oldschool digital etc
Grinding and cutting discs 30 for £8.00 - these will sit unsold, only clean handed folk live here, getting your hands dirty is not a good look.

despite this, I still go to the Brighton marina boot fair often. didn't get anything but saw a skull I liked. it wasn't anything majorly crazy but it was £90. so it didn't come home

One of the guys on Retro Rides responded to my Bootfair posting, made me realise I am onto a good thing here.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote