View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #56
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

thank you.

I was curios myself what I had into it. Since I bought items from different places, and with other parts for the truck, I didn't know the complete total for just the rear disc conversion. I have gotten pretty good at finding great deals on my parts. It is not easy either it takes lots of time, diligence and patience, plus a little heat from the wife. ("I think you like that computer more than me") I probably have twice as much time in finding the best price per item, then I have putting them on the truck. for the rear conversion the parts came from Rockauto and Advance Auto (online). I use discount codes when buying online. they literally save hundreds of dollars when your spending hundreds of dollars.

here is a itemized list of what you need and the cost. (your pricing may vary)

1976 K20 front rotors $35.10 each

76 K20 calipers $13.59 each plus $20 each for core's if you dont have any

76 K20 Pads $18.55

you can use 76 K20 brake hoses, but they are to long for my taste so I got some hoses from a 77 caprice $14.62 (pair)

14 bolt rear disc bracket $47.95

$218 was the total and that was including shipping and taxes. Now, I put in new bearings and seals for a additional $48.62 bringing the total to $267.12 so I guess it was a little more than just replacing the drums. If someone were to have a pair of calipers to use for cores and/or didn't need to replace the bearing & seals. it could be right around $180 for a disc conversion.

Last edited by mrhino; 01-11-2012 at 08:11 PM.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote