View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #22
SCOTI

Re: Cab and Chassis with Fleetside bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveRustySqBodys View Post
Well sweetk30 you've answered every question I had pretty much about this whole conversion. I too will be using the truck for plowing (going to mount a fisher minute mount I've had stashed away for this truck) and would like to haul things in the bed and tow a craigslist vehicle here and there.

You've pretty much done the swap then. It's really assuring to me to know you've done exactly what I'll be doing with this truck for not just a little while, but heck 10 years is more than enough for trial. I've always heard horror storys with wheel spacers but I think it'll be okay.

Any idea where to go for spacers or any recommendations? I know spacers depend on lug centric, hub centric etc type wheels. I plan to just run stock 16 in steelies.

There's 2 machinists I know of here that do Dana 60 single wheel conversions. I think I'm going to give one a ring as soon as I register the truck. One of them is literally the next town over, if i'm not mistaken said he fabricates some stuff for ORD when I met him. I have heard though that the machined dually hubs arn't the greatest. I wouldn't know. Seems to me it wouldn't be a big deal

thanks again.

edit: and nice truck! I've seen your thread on that one. C10 body on K30 right? Always thought about doing that. There's plenty of clean c10's not enough K30's....and most of the c10s were highly optioned whereas the K30's were base models usually...

edit:2 I my as well include a walkaround of the truck for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1V9P-4BtUI
EZ Accessory

They have 8-lug options. For 3" wide, you need the larger 9/16 studs....
http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Ada...8650-8650d.htm
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote