Thread: 58 GMC Project
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #124
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: 58 GMC Project

Red is a nice choice and things really look good in red, but for me I like to be different. There are just too many red cars or trucks at shows. I must admit the last 55 chevy truck that really made my head spin was red with tan interior and I mean this thing was nice. I have a couple of colors in my head that are gonna rock if I ever get around to finishing the truck. Another thing to think about is metallic vs. non-metallic. I'm personally like non-metallic paint on 50's cars and truck. That’s just a personal preference I’ve seen outstanding trucks painted with metallic. I love orange but its becoming the color around here lately but dang it looks good. Paint and wheels choices are the hardest decision to me because it can make or brake the finally look of the car. Well you can include stances in there also (you air bag people got that licked). Its like with my 55 sedan if I would have painted it red, it would be just another nice white over red 55 sedan. I chose mouse grey and I get so many wonderful comments on the color combo (although I was scared when I chose it). But I do think the combo sucks for photos, grey just does not look good in photos (silver looks better). When people the car in person they can't believe its the same ride.lol
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote