View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #104
1tonwannabe

Re: 1972 GMC Using 2003 Chevy 2500HD duramax Chassis

My Uncle Sam found a guy that was capable of tracing the 2003 gauge cluster and transferring it to a sheet of aluminum. His name is Kenny and he did it fast too.I just picked it up today and it looks awesome. There is a bezel that my Uncle had done earlier that is in some previous pictures on this thread. He cut out the center of it, and we had to find a guy that could make an insert for it out of aluminum, with the gauge holes in it.
The work on the insert was done by Kenny LaFollette at LaFollette's Machine Shop Inc.
Here are the pics. The first one is the bezel that my Uncle has been working on. Above that is the insert made by Kenny. Above that is the plastic gauge cover from the 2003 truck Kenny traced from.

The second picture is the insert in the bezel.

My plans are to find a vinyl wood grain decal that matches the 1972 wood grain, and cover the insert with it so it matches the rest of the interior. I will put a Plexiglas backing on the insert and use the plastic piece from the 2003 as a spacer for the gauge cluster.
If anybody wants some work done by Kenny the Machinist, I can give you his Email address.
1tonwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote