View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
Ryan Hubbard

1990 V2500 Suburban Build Thread

So this past year my MIL passed away and my FIL decided to sell the house and move to a smaller home. He has always had a collection of trucks and I have taken a few from him and fixed them up. I first got a 1971 C20 Longhorn and restored it almost 20 years ago and still have it. I also have a 1971 K20 that I am going to build for my son and will have a trophy truck chassis underneath it.

But I decided to grab this Suburban from him because I have been doing the Scout thing with my son and decided I could use this Suburban for Scout trips and such.

Here is the basics, 1990 V2500 Silverado with a 350/4L80E combo with 4.10 gears. The truck has 160,000 miles and has a new GM Goodwrench Engine about 20,000 miles ago. My FIL had it repainted and the interior is in great shape. I also had the truck on a lift and there is absolutely no rust anywhere on this truck and the body is straight.

I did some minor fixes/upgrades at my FIL's home before the drive home. I installed a new stereo and speakers in the rear so I could have Bluetooth/ Music Streaming for the drive. I also replaced most of the exterior lights and put on a new muffler and tailpipe.

I drove this truck 1000 miles to get it home without a problem. I even had heat and windshield wipers through a pretty good snow storm. I got it to my shop in So Cal and cleaned it up. But I did notice on the trip that I had a small leak in the heather core.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ryan Hubbard; 01-17-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Ryan Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote