View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 01:32 AM   #367
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Got home yesterday from a day spent at Sally’s place completely gutting and tearing her bedroom and all of its furniture apart.

Her son, daughter in law and grandson will be moving in for two years with her in order to save up for a deposit on their own place. The lovely landlord where they have lived the last three years and cleaned up and improved at their own cost has doubled the rent. So she is giving them the large main bedroom, redecorated and moving herself into the third very small bedroom. Crazy, but that’s a mother’s love, and they are good hardworking kids.

Being that it all will be going into Prozac the van, for disposal at the local council tip 10:miles away, it really needed to be completely dismantled, right down to the handles, knobs, runners, hinges etc which @CraigRK is getting for his garage projects where he builds sliding storage solutions..

More on this later.

Got home and there was a surprise parcel in the kitchen, which Tim, the new lodger must have got from Mickey next door when he came in from his all day training course.

I opened the parcel and found a note, two number plates and a number plate surround.

The new plate was from a 1955 Lambretta scooter, unused, for my collection.

The second plate was an original 1962 California plate, clearly worked all its life.

Parcel from Ernie, PedalcarJoe, collector of high end stuff. In this case, he had been told to get rid of his first ever emotional patina purchase by power that is Mrs PCJ.

So the reason I wanted to sell the Blazer in the first place, and have been buying upholstery fabric and other bits, and even now, am looking for an INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE, was because I wanted to buy Ernie 1962 Ford Falcon Country Squire.

Which of course has now sold, hence the 1954 Chevy Bel Air moving into the picture, unless I find something else more interesting

This was the car for those who did not know it.

And yes, it would have kept its look, mostly.

Older pics.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote