View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #255
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Ok...

Doing some reading... on this forum for the most part. A big thank you to everyone that pitches their experience and information into this community.

Here are my issues.

I switched from a Rockwell transfer case to a np205 transfer case, the 205 should have been original equipment for this model. Therefore it should fit, unfortunately mine does not. I am learning that there was a 3/4 ton crossmember, and a 1/2 ton crossmember, the 3/4 ton being a taller crossmember? The 3/4 ton frame being taller allowed for this extra height... I do not know how to confirm this to be true. Regardless, this appears to be my issue. Any feedback on this from anyone?

The fix? I get a 1/2" or 1" spacer kit...

Problems that the spacer kit will create?
I may create a front driveline/deep th350 pan issue...
I may create the tall valve cover/firewall issue... although, I think I already have the valve cover issue. Grrr.

Plan?...
Change the tranny pan out to something less awesome. Burning $$$...
Put a dent in my firewall with the double hammer method since my valve train will not low me to use standard valve covers. Pit in stomach...

Any other ideas on this one?

One other item, my mounting location on my frame on the passenger side forward mount appears to be bent down about 3/4 of an inch... on the outside , not the inside of the ear... eye twitching. Although I'm not super concerned about this since the doors fit and opened/closed really well before I took them apart... So I tell myself.
Attached Images