View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:38 AM   #257
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Can you post photos when possible of how the tcase is mounted at the frame rail and at the crossmember? The crossmember for the tcase should be same 3/4 or 1/2 t. Is it SBC bolted to th350 bolted to the NP205 with OE adapter to the tranny?

Brad had what may have been a similar issue albeit with a 69 cab. Is there a chance the case for NP205s was changed at some point with a later style less accommodating for these trucks? Just a thought as neither his nor yours were original to the vehicles. Maybe ask Brad to weigh in. Here’s his relevant post on the matter: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&postcount=152
Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it!
I read that thread, same issue. I will follow up with him, I thought he had a low hump cab? Can't remember now, I will re-read that thread..

Yes sir, I have a sbc/th350 - but I am bolted to the transfer case with an advanced adapters piece as a replacement to the original adapter. It does not appear to be clocking the transfer case different than stock. Although it could be a taller piece due to it being made from aluminum they may need more material for the required strength.... hmmmm...

I read up on 205's after reading your post. They changed in 1985, last production year being 1991. Mine is out of a 78 something Cheverolet with a 4spd.

Here is a picture or two.
Let me know your thoughts, I hope I missed something that you are about to catch. Thank you again for taking the time to help. .
Attached Images