View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #272
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
It really isn't a bother, I'm a retired machinist always looking for something to do, so
after i tinker on the Jimmy. I would guess a couple of minutes on the bandsaw, then the lathe, project should be done in short order. Round stock should be available from McMaster's the next day.

I just figured out your avatar, think it means sunscreen (SPF), and if it does, then it would be helping a fellow fisherman out. Just don't ask for a fly pattern that's working on the river lol
Ps, I fish for 35 lbs salmon, and 20lb steelhead, never saw a sturgeon where I fish lol, only have one steelhead mounted in 40 years of fishing, all catch and release

That body mount does look to be bent, I have one of those as well, if you want to drill rivets, PITA

Anyway, wishing you and your family have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, keep in touch
Sorry for the slow reply.

I wish I could say I was that slick, but that is just my initials and birthdate.
Although I mainly enjoy kokanee fishing. Unfortunately I get so dang seasick when trying to go out out for tuna. ... tuna is a crazy bloodbath, and my favorite. Sadly I've never had the chance to do any fly fishing. It is on the list.
Although what makes my head shake is the guy's spraying everything down with WD40 when fishing for sturgeon. We caught a lot that day, but have been skunked the last couple of time it has been opened for us. WD40... never thought I would see that? Honestly I have been doing far more bird hunting than anything over the last couple of years. Elk and deer season have become a pita with all of the public land being overun due to the private timber companies requiring permits to hunt their acreage. Honestly thinking about it, I need to get my boys out more with a pole in their hand.

Funny, since I am Q-ball bald... it should stand for SPF, the last time I was on a fishing trip... I got burned so bad on my head that it looked like I was in a house fire. Lol, my son put his hand on my head when I got home and then my wife took a picture of his hand print after. I was sick as a dog. Ha!

Yes sir, frame/body mount... total PITA, I had to use a jack with a 2x4 to try and get it straightened. I got it back about a 1/2" out of the 3/4" I was dealing with... it is a really good way to try and get hurt as well, let's say that. So far it is close enough and I may pay for that statement when aligning fenders.

Thank you so much for the offer to help, it is truly appreciated!!
I hope you have a great week!!!
Attached Images