View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #2417
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKC View Post
Most excellent! Glad you got it going and moving on...
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Cool Vic. I’d be glad to assist anytime.
I'm counting on it, Scott.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Man, that's great. Isn't the "going Forward" feeling good? Been fighting the same thing on the barn, and just rounded a couple corners myself. Onward!
Building a shop out back is a big project with lots of details, Chip. I'm anxious to see it when you're fully moved in and operational. You don't really want me around any kind of building construction until it's 100% finished, though.

Quick note: When I contacted GM Powertrain several times over the last week, they sent me a survey via email. I filled it out yesterday and politely gave them an earful. This morning, shortly after 8AM, I received a call from a supervisor at the Tech Center. The purpose of the call was to reinforce that the techs did nothing wrong by telling me what they did. He again raised the "liability" issue as their rationale. I'm at a loss as to what kind of liability they might be exposed to by simply giving someone technical assistance, but that's their story and they're sticking to it. I did tell the guy that there seems to be a disconnect between their marketing and customer support. Maybe they should put in a disclaimer saying, "This stuff should work, but if it doesn't, you're on your own."
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote