View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #33
72chevyk10
I built it

Re: Lifted 1972 Chevy K10 show truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That`s a nice truck.
I`m not hatin` the large frail looking rims with less sidewall look.It`s just that it makes no sense on a 4wd.It takes away from the added function added by 4wd.Also,for looks,it takes the classic right out of the picture and doesn`t look as muscular.On a 4wd it`s about the rubber and the wheel is just something to mount the tire on.On the street it`s about the wheels.There`s nice looking wheels for these trucks.But,playin`silly games with wheel diameters has no place off the street.Of course a show 4wd is a street truck more than an offroad one.But,even for looks I like to see what would enhance function in nice form on a 4wd.It doesn`t have anything to do with "schools",unless it`s 2wd school vs 4wd school.There are new style rims made in proper diameters for off road to suit everyone`s taste.Guys that like big rims and air bags don`t like the even larger rim donk cars for various reasons.Both styles are new school and street.I think the difference here is street vs offroad.Some street style just doesn`t carry over for offroad where a level of function is key,for actual use or looks.
i agree 100%. less wheel more tire on 4wd imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I think the best and cheapest performance mod is to have someone that knows what the hell they are doing perform a tuneup on said vehicle.
72chevyk10 is offline   Reply With Quote