View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My daily driver/beater : How I turned lemons in lemonade

Now for some interior work.

A reminder of the putrid maggot infested mess I started with.

So I took it all out. I had to pop out the body plugs and use oven cleaner, a garden hose and a putty knife to dig the one full inch worth of hardened slime off the floor boards. One inch thick funk. I'm not exaggerating.

The old seat belts.

I got a freebie red seat, again from Shane. Lots of cleaning and needing a cover of some sort to make it match the blue interior.

Free seatbelts too. Again, wrong color. Right price, wrong color. Price > color.

And a saddle blanket seat cover that I laid over the fence and pressure washed the funk out of. All put together. Look closely at the driver's door panel in the picture. The arm rests had been ripped off by the stepson so I used short lengths of nylon strap and screws in their place. Ghetto looking but works damn good for pulling the door shut. Shane's wife makes fun of me and my hillbilly ways every time she sees that.

Then I got a freebie fender. The original had nearly an inch thick bondo. Rebuilt door hinges too.

Also scored a 30 dollar hood from the swap meet. It ain't pretty but it's not got a hole rusted in it like the original. You can see in the last picture that I pushed out the giant dent in the door somewhat.

Last edited by Tx Firefighter; 03-30-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote