View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #23
NorCalAnthony

Re: 1990 V2500 Suburban Build Thread

Wow kickass truck dude! That's got to be one of the cleanest squares I've ever seen and all of those upgrades and creature comfort work will keep it fun to ride in for years to come. Especially once you get that Erod LS3 installed lol. I'm up by Sacramento and feel your pain about our stupid smog laws. My way around them was finding a smog exempt diesel K5 that will eventually be getting a stroked LS2 and 4L80 once I finish gathering parts.

If your still looking for a brake upgrade there are some guys on CK5 that are using a bracket from Thor Parts that lets you convert your 10 bolt front axle to a slip on rotor and uses Hummer H3 calipers. No real options for the rear semi-float but it's not to hard to swap in a late model axle that came with discs from the factory (that's the route I'm going). Just takes relocating shock mounts and spring perches and adapting it to your brake cable.

I grew up riding around in my dad's 85 Burb and went on a ton of boy scout outings and camping trips across the country in that beast so I'll always have a soft spot for trucks like yours
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote