View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

while at the swap meet a couple weeks back I saw a stepside tailgate stashed in a corner of a vendors area and asked if it was for sale, the lady said yes but we dont know what it fits...I assumed the huge louvered chevy bowtie would have given it away, bit regardless she said make and offer. I looked it over, it was 98% rust free and walked out with it for $50. Once home I cut the horrible welds off and uncovered an excellent stock chevrolet tailgate. Score!

So to this point I have the 2 swb frames taking up 1/2 the shop, the cab is still at the body shop, I have the rear axle pulled and getting ready to redrill the lugs for the 5x5 pattern and I have everything for a rear disk brake swap. I found a 67 C20 that has a very good front clip, so I am thinking that I am going to yet again hook up the trailer and head east to get it Saturday. I am going to put the 67 front clip on one of these projects, and the 69 clip on the other. I am still in search of a low milage LS for the one project, but I am considering using a I6 in the other as a parts runner or just beater cruiser. This will be a drawn out project, but hey, I built the shop to have a place to get away, eat nachos and enjoy a cold beverage with the gang. Every shop needs a nacho machine and hot dog roller.....