View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #20
mog797

Talking Re: 1959 gmc ignition, starting problem

OK to give an update to this ongoing saga of mine. I got the pickup running Yea! Old man I got it from never had it registered in the 20yrs. he had it so not sure how many decades it's been without running till today Sep 11 a day that none will forget I know this day brings lots of memories back for me I was on the east coast. My wife's parents had just left the day before and the hotel they were in was right there at ground zero. I was a fire fighter but didn't work then was all volunteers from TX but just on the road for work. However after that I did join the military until I was medically retired in feb. 2012. Anyway just makes me remember everyone who gave so much and my battle buddies that still are. OK so back to the pickup. It's alive thanks so much for all the help turns out I was just having a crazy day or something when I set the gap on the points cause I did it wrong! First time to set them ever, I have never had to adjust them in different vehicle's that had them well not alone if I did. I feel silly but totally excited it is going now Frankie is alive!
Did take a video will try to get it posted but have to leave for work

Thanks again I am sure I will need more help later!
mog797 is offline   Reply With Quote