View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:32 PM   #127
mister.freeze

Re: Calling all 700R4 Experts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2drag View Post
If you stomped on it and it went into 4th, doesn't that sound like the cable being too loose at normal throttle and when stretched a tad (while stomping on it) the pressure goes up enough to shift?
While that could be the case, the ‘whomp’ just kinda made the motor stumble rather than rev up to increase pressures. It gives me the feeling of a sticky valve, kinda like a sticky throttle.

Also, from all my adjusting, I feel like there’s too much tension at low trottle, which could be where the hang up is rather than the valve actually sticking.

Reducing tv cable tension makes the transmission shift earlier than I think it should, but 4th gear works. Tightening it to shift later (where I think it should), 4th goes away. Sooo... what I’m after is less tension near idle and more near WOT, meaning more travel. More travel means a longer bracket. Right?

The question of fluid viscosity is a good one. Not sure what fluid I used at the change, but I know it was an ‘accepted’ fluid. That’s not to say it had something different previously.