View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #115
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's Project Traizer 2WD closed cab.

Getting more done today on the Trazer. Started off by grinding down the rear cab belt line weld and the pop rivit holes inside the cab. Then I focused on the A pillar section's. I could have just welded it up like most people do but I feel it is a good idea to add a bit of reinforcement to the posts. I do this in two ways, first I cut the opst open on the inside of the jamb stagering the out side cut. Then I cut out a patch from the doner cab so when it is welded up the cut seam is not all in the same plane ( one straite line) but off set to three different areas. Also I like to add a section plate to the inside of the post adding more strength to the post. I cut this section out of the same doner post that I got the outer plate from. I drilled 10 holes in it so I could plug weld it to the inside post but not untill I cleanned everything real well and sprayed it all down with Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator. I also coated everyting after the inner plate was welded up. Here are some pics of the passenger side and I am headed back out to finish the drivers side now that I had lunch

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote