View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #453
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
The grille bar really does look great Vic! That shined up real nice!
Thanks Scott, I'm hoping when it's installed the minor imperfections will disappear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Give it enough time and you'll forget where the touch ups are. It's going to eventually get a few rock chips here and there, you'll touch those up too and move on

That doesn't mean I wouldn't have cried when that happened

This thing is simply gorgeous.
Thanks, Jesse! You have to be closer than a couple of feet to see the chips now that I've filled them with color, cleared and compounded them. With a metallic it's really hard to get a perfect repair since the flakes never lay down like they do out of the spray gun. But I agree, by the time we hit the highway and pick up some road rash, it will all be a distant memory.

I've been giving my bead roller a tune-up. Welded some 1.5" square tubing to it to stiffen it up and stop the lateral movement when rolling. I'm also fabricating a fence for it. Plan to roll some offsets into a couple of pieces of aluminum for the radiator bracket and the tailgate. Too shaky anymore to freehand it. Will post photos when done.

Meanwhile, I made a trip down to the trim shop to check on their progress before they shut down for Christmas. They got the wheel wells finished as well as the panels that go between the wells and the quarter window trim. They put in a french seam and a couple of recesses which look really nice. Pictures don't do it justice. All the carpet is in as well. It's darker than it appears in the photos. Flash makes it look washed out. The list is down to the kick panels, door panels, the box for the stereo that fits up against the console and the carpet on the back of the rear seat. Jeff said they should be finished before the end of the month. Getting exciting!
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote