View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 02:24 AM   #8
c10sport

Cool Re: 1989 GMC Sierra SportSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeZ View Post
Great build, I've always liked integrating parts from other vehicles(especially different makes and/or models), and I have a couple questions: How much room does the tilt/tele column mod take? Is the steering wheel closer to you now? Did the Vette wheel compensate any?
Thanks!
The Vette wheel is about 1/4" closer when it's fully retracted. The wheel is slightly smaller than the original wheel but much thicker (which makes it a lot more pleasurable to drive, IMO.)

Quote:
Is the auto down window mod in the switch, or is it a module that could be obtained from other cars that have it, and use the original(truck) switch?
I did a write-up on this on another board. The module is separate and very simple to install in one or both doors.

www.gmsquare body . com/forum/showthread.php?t=8691

Oh this is just retarded to block links to other forums...The above link without the spaces takes you to my writeup.

Quote:
Remote keyless entry: Is that a module too, hopefully? Do you have to find one with the key and doorlocks to match?
It is a module and the exact same one used in later trucks. I had to add the later relay to get it all to work and I also put in a factory Goodwrench alarm that works with the RKE system.

Quote:
What about the stereo amp? Is that the whole unit that fits in the original dash opening without modification, or a separate unit that could be hidden anywhere?

Thanks for the info in your thread and keep us posted as you find more great mods!
The amp is also the exact same as the amp it would be replacing that's under the dash. I like the Buick amp because it has a MUCH cleaner sound than the original. I just grabbed one from a 1991-93 Park Avenue/LeSabre with an EQ cassette player - Olds 88 and 98 would work as well as would one from a CD player but those are hard to find and when you do, you can sell it for big bucks as it's the exact same as the Typhoon CD player - I bought the whole radio for $8 and only used the amp which is detachable and then modded it for the AUX input (which was NOT easy!) and I ran the cable for that out the ashtray.