View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #5
Root_Drum_Co

Re: Pics of 15x10 vette style rallies on stepsides please!! Needing some inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
That’s a great looking truck whether it’s original green or an older repaint. I have a 69 short step in it’s original paint, and one of the best things I did was 17” wheels. They can be tucked in so much further than whatever 15” rim you choose. I have 17 x 8’s on the front with 4.5” back space and 9’s on the rear with 5” backspace. 235 55 17 and 275 55 17 respectively.

The 17’s let you have a lower profile tire but keep the overall height in the 27”-29” range.

My truck is dropped 4.5” front and 7” rear. The back is a DJM flip kit and you just get however much you get. But there is NO way to get it down without rubbing if you go the 15x10 route.
Thanks man! Yea, its a repaint. I painted it wint Rustoleum thru a sprayer. It looked great for a while but now it looks about like it did before i pulled it out of the woods where i found it. Haha (ill try to find a pic of it from when i painted it)

And i do love the look of 17”s on these trucks. Ive seen some Wheel Vintiques ones that look like a rally but come in 17”s. But Ive always imagined this truck low (not slammed, just more “sporty” i guess) and with fat white letter tires on deep lipped rally wheels. And the tires i have on my 15x8’s have only about 1000 miles on them, so im planning on using them with whatever 10”s i get.

ps, the picture i put up is from about a month out from paint, 8 years ago
Attached Images

Root_Drum_Co is offline   Reply With Quote