Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 11:36 AM   #1178
SCOTI

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
And here is the result, the best I could get it. It dropped from -15 to -20 db almost. So the drone is still there, but quieter. I was expecting it to be completely cancelled. If you guys have any suggestions let me know.

I lengthened the pipe with my clamps, playing with several different configurations. I also shortened the pipe by turning the 2" capped end's 180 degree and putting them in the clamps backwards. But that shorted it probably down to like 25-28" and if you look at the spreadsheet, longer should have worked better than shorter. Nothing worked except the original 35" I originally built them to, which the Hz is still the same pretty much, but the db's went down.

I dunno.....

This is exactly what I wondered. Would the ends justify the means? I guess even that (the answer) is subjective. Some might view reduction as a win. Others seeking complete cancellation probably wouldn't.

Are you happy w/it as-is or are you going to keep @ it?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote