View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #73
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: How rare is the GMC Sierra Grande?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan'70 View Post
Not sure what is up with lack of headliner in my truck but I also noticed one other missing feature which is the lower trim and tailgate not being woodgrain, after reading the thread I checked it over and it looks original and untouched. Apart from that everything appears as it should with woodgrain on glove box, panel and doors.

I even checked with the PO's, the truck actually belonged to the girlfriend(she died a few years ago) of the guy I bought it from and it was given to her by her father who was the original owner. Her brother lives close by and I asked him about the truck and he told me it was 100% original when it went to his sister and the only thing that was changed while in her posession was a new paintjob. When she died it was inherited by her boyfriend and while in his posession the 402 was swapped for a 350 because he thought it was shot, turned out it wasn't but he thought he was an expert mechanic. The only other thing was the dash was hacked a bit for a steroeo, oh and along the way it lost the mirrors. Now if anyone is lying about anything it would be the guy I bought it from (the boyfriend), which is possible and he says the trim is all original.

As you can see by the tailgate I'm pretty sure the molding was messed with at some point.

My first question is did you ask the guy what he did with the 402 when he yanked it? Is your truck a factory A/C truck ? Now I'm just going on my experience and knowledge of these trucks and it is extensive cause I turned 20 in 1969 I've been looking at and wanting one of these trucks for years and didnt get mine till 2001. The upper moulding on your truck just doent look right to me. It seems too wide and there is no black paint in the center. I guess the test to see if the moulding is factory or not is to check and see if its stuck on ( which would mean aftermarket) or clipped on with which would mean it had factory moulding.. The lower moulding again just doesnt look right to me either for much the same reasons.. Its possible the truck was a moulding delete from the factory ( the factory would do that back then ) and the the owner decided to add the mouldings years later. In the 80's the rage was putting aftermarket mouldings on a lot of the cars and trucks.. I know because I was in the car business then and we put mouldings on a lot of cars and trucks that came from the factory without them..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote