View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #27
1leglance

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

You guys are too funny...

Ok snapped a few pics of my own tonight and more questions..
This my donor tcase out of the 87 burb, looks like a 208 for sure

I don't really like how close that drivers side exhaust pipe is to the oil filter and oil pan. I will be adding some sort of heat wrap or shield or something.
It looks to me like there are lines coming out of the engine that might go to an oil cooler? I want to do an oil cooler and remote filter no matter what.

Here is a close up of those lines, and I found where the turbo gets it's oil.

So if I keep this 208 or swap to a 241 I assume I will need to get this shifter linkage from my donor at least right?, That means I will have a different shift for the tcase in my floor than my current 205 correct?

Now you can see the bracket that looks like it is missing something in this pic? Thoughts?

Another odd thing...it seems my CDR has a pipe that just leads to nothing...metal to rubber to the inner fender by the rad. I thought it was supposed to tie in somewhere before or after the turbo to create that positive crankcase ventilation?

Again thanks for all the info guys, it is really helping.
At this point I should mention that my wife is the office manager of a shop that welds/machines diesel engine heads/blocks and can do it all short of complete assembly. I am really leaning towards pulling this engine, tearing it down, get it checked out and at least doing a ring/valve/gasket simple rebuild. Also I would get the injection pump looked over and new injectors. Gear driven timing set and few other goodies.

All thoughts welcome and keep the info coming.
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote