View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 10:13 AM   #1001
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I knew I could count on you to give a better backstory, reasoning for choosing a given shock and not just say its a coil over with X" compressed length, Y" extended and a Z" long spring. I have been doing research too as to what shock companies like PB, RideTech, QA1, CPP, and others use in their conversion kits for the stock crossmember. I also recall Rob (NoLimit Engineering) saying a longer stroke shock and coil is better. I was planning on using a 5" stroke shock with a 10" spring and ironically with the same 750 pound spring that you chose. Now I know that I was on the right track. I am leaning towards a QA1 shock with similar specs to your RideTech shocks. Great minds do think alike. I just need to get my '65 back together and driving before I jump to deep in to the '75 build.
I appreciate that feedback. Seems better to understand the 'why' a decision was made when being told of a specific part that's not just a bolt-in swap. I was very impressed w/the QA1 C10 stuff when I looked @ their set-up @ the C10 Nats last year. I use the same method of thought for the cars stuff as well & actually will be using a QA1 front sway bar for the G-body. Quality parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Damn Scoti you are just amazing! This is like watching an artist! Nice job sir!
I'm better than I used to be but nowhere near amazing. Just trying to build something solid, safe, & on a blue-collar budget.

Thanks for the comments
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote