View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 06:13 PM   #1845
zicc1835

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
I been fighting a oil leak on the driver side at the very rear back oil pan (where it has the little bracket/brace on the oil pan and larger bolt). I tried normal Permatex RTV, then wrapping the bolt with Teflon Tape with Permatex RTV, then again with the Permatex Right Stuff RTV. Best I could get was just above seeping/little drippings. So I cleaned it all off again, which was fun since I really laid on the Permatex Right Stuff the other day. I put on 6 coats of Permatex 82099 Spray after putting the bolt in with a good amount of Teflon Tape (followed any/all tips on the spray on the internets). After two 5 mile test drives there is no run off on the oil pan and zero drips on my garage floor. Though it does look like a family of snails has been living on my oil pan lip LOL.

Between my test drives I installed matching Pertronix flame-thrower spark plug wires. When I was asking my zillion question to Pertronix support they stressed the distributor needed correct wires. I really couldn't tell what kind of wires I had, so I decided to replace them. Their custom SBC wires fit perfectly with my Chevy/GM OEM looms that go around the back of the engine then up under the Ram Horns (what a pain the longer ones are).

On my 2nd test drive with the new wires, unexpectedly I found the truck running so much better. When putting along in the neighborhood as the truck shifted from 1st to 2nd, then 2nd to 3rd the truck would have a wee bit of power drop. Hard to explain the feeling but I would just give it a wee bit more gas to plow through this odd drop/feeling. Now when she shifts in these areas she feels peppy and I can keep the gas peddle in place. The before feeling was like when driving a manual and you shifted too soon - kind of like that but not exactly. Real hard to explain the "feeling".
Pictures
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote