View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 11:20 AM   #2522
smbrouss70

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Thanks for the update Chris. I don't want mine as low as yours. I really hate hitting these Oklahoma roads in mine already. What is the ballpark investment for just front and rear suspension?
Mike, don't let the roads sway your decision on how low you want to go. This suspension will handle anything you can throw at it. Going to and from TN a couple of weeks ago, the 2 trucks that ran with me had to slow down for RR X-ings and such. But Gringo's truck was driven like I was driving my 3/4 Ton Duramax, I didn't reduce my speed for any of those things and it handles it better than a new car/truck. The other 2 trucks are running a 4/6 drop and a 5/8 drop. The only thing that makes this level of lowness cause any problems is traversing into and out of steep driveways, and getting the back wheels off. I honestly think if the road is suitable for a Corvette or similar performance car, this suspension will handle it with ease.

Now, if your budget dictates that you don't want to go that low, I completely understand. There are a LOT of supporting mods for this look that cost a lot of both time and money.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote