View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #11
old51sedan

Re: Vintage Air bracket question 6 Cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Old51, if you didn't already have the Alt and PS brackets and pulleys figured out, I would have suggested modifying the vintage Air bracket to move it forward. At this point, it would be like starting over again.

I see a lot of AC conversions with the hoses standing up in the air like that and I cringe every time.
Sanden wants the Plug on top or within 90* , but you also have the option of clocking the rear housing (Head). With a new compressor I wouldn't even worry about a new gasket.
Richard,
Thanks for the concern, but the compressor sits with the fill plug straight up before it is tightened. The belt is tight just putting it on and it is only tilted up very little to tighten it. I would have to redo the bracket in order to move it out a little over 1". The PS falls right in line with the front grove on the harmonic balancer, and I just welded another piece of flat metal on the back of the Alt. bracket and moved it out so it runs on the PS belt and the added on pulley on the harmonic balancer. To do like you did, I would of had to find a water pump pulley that that was either 3 grove or stuck out even with the 2 front groves on the harmonic balancer. I do have a correct 3 grove harmonic balancer, but it needs to be rebuilt as it has slipped and started to separate.
I'm thinking it should word this way, do you have any thoughts that it might be a problem? Have you ever seen a 6 bladed fan to repack the 4 bladed one? I think I shouldn't have any problems as I'm going to by a new Radiator when I put it back together in the spring. I'm currently in Florida until May. Thanks again.
old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote