View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
SCOTI

Mounting Methods for Blazer Tank Swap

I picked up a Blazer tank swap kit a few weeks ago for my Beater. It came w/2 mounting straps but they don't resemble anything like the straps used in the FAQ's installation thread. These had the bends no where near where they should be based on the pics I've seen on other installs.

Anyway.... I was thinking about raising the tank so it sat between the frame rails. Do you guys think the tank would be ok if it was only supported by the flanges instead of the straps pulling the flanges up to the bottom of the frame rails?

I've made 2x2 stainless spacers that are the length of the tank flange 're-inforcement' piece (reinforcement flange = 12", spacer length = 14"). I was going to put the j-bolts through the original tank-flange & reinforcement-flange holes , then through the SS spacers, & finally through some fresh holes in the top of the frame rails. I would then tighten the j-bolts until the tank is secure from the top of the frame vs. the bottom. This will raise the tank about 2-2.25" & should make my hidden receiver the lowest part of the rear end.

Any thoughts or concerns?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 04-22-2007 at 10:52 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote