View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Yesterday was spent stripping paint from the door panels and the back of the cab inside until almost dinner time. Then it was off to Sears for their friends and family sale... plus Military discount = about 30% off. So I got some serious tools and supplies to include a pair of angle grinders. A small amp one for stripping paint, and a bigger amp one for cutting and grinding metal. Because I am just that much lazy to want to swap out a disc.... sad but true.

The first pic is my "plan" for the basic look of the trucks paint scheme with some of the mods, like an air dam-lowered front bumper, and removal of the wing window. I want to do an in-cab hood release and grill in those two snorkel ports between my parking lights in the hood too. And the big dream is to do hideaway headlights for a straight black face. I looked at 69 Camaro hideaways but they pivot on a vertical spindle whereas I want a flip up or flip down door like a 69 Ford, or a 69 GTO (respectively). We will see, I do tend to be as stubborn as I am lazy... go figure.

Second and third pics is my cab back wall stripped and then painted.
Thanks for tuning in !
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote