View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #152
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
Hhmm.. I didn't have that problem and I have no spacer plate. It must be that I am running a jeep 10 spline input shaft. Hopefully you didn't cut too much off the pilot tip now that your going to use a spacer
My bellhousing might be a bit shallower than others, I'm not sure but I'm running a 460486 bellhousing. It came with the setup so that's the main reason I'm using it. The pilot tip should have good engagement still in the pilot bushing. It may not be ideal but it should still have enough engagement to be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
you just have to cut out the splines a bit so that the disc can go back, 4 1/2" angle grinder gently to clear excess then clean up with a file. you do not have to go that far. cut the retainer shaft to the same length as the original one.
it will be a lot more work to make that adaptor plate. remember on that plate that it has to be machined to fit the hole in the b/housing and the the input brg collar has fit the adaptor so that means machining a place for it corresponding to the other machined part on the frt side so everything lines up properly
you may have to also grind a little off the end of the splined hub of the clutch disc. none of this is complicated
ron
On the machined hole to fit the bearing retainer, my bellhousing has a way bigger hole than what the flange of the retainer is. I can't see it causing issues but then again I'm new to this part. What do you think?