View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 02:00 AM   #18
Classic v6 GMC's

Re: Came across this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
That's a real time capsule. It'd be great if you can find out the owners situation and report back. It looks like a mans ride who perhaps became too old to drive anymore. I like the fact that he left it sitting on jack stands. Any plans on buying it if the opportunity arises? It looks like a solid investment to me. I'd love to see it cleaned up and saved from any potential vandals busting out any more windows in the camper.
It really is! So far the owner is nowhere to be found. He is 82 and I'm thinking he is in a nursing home. The taxes on the property haven't been paid in 3 years and it looks like his wife passed away around that time they stopped being paid. I'm going to send a letter and see what happens. I haven't found any relatives for him and the neighbors haven't seen him in a while. It is interesting the way it was left on jack stands like someone cared enough for that part. If it comes up forsale I'm definitely interested. I don't want to see it get any worse. My Dad was born in 67 and I have been looking for one to replace the 67 we sold.
1966 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Custom PB 305 v6 np435
1960 GMC Custom
1968 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Short Bed
1962 K20 Tow truck
1961 GMC Extended Suburban Panel and a few more
Classic v6 GMC's is offline   Reply With Quote