View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 02:16 AM   #25
68bowtie

Re: Came across this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic v6 GMC's View Post
Well after weeks of research and stopping numerous times I finally got to meet the 83 year old gentleman that bought this 67 when it was new or very close. He bought it as a chassis Cab and sent it from Arizona all the way Illinois to a "Long Bar Coach Company" who built the bed custom for him and also built/installed the oversized coach. He and his wife drove this all over the west coast and to every camping spot and lake when they were young. This was there home on wheels, it has everything. He built the awning on the rear and added a deck on the roof so the could sit up there. He was in the pest control business and would take his equipment around them and they would buy/sell jewelry in there travels along with other jobs.. His wife even drove this coach to work at Motorola for a while. This truck was there life when they were young.
He has over an acre of stuff, campers/trailers/cars and trucks and he says he wants to let most of it go. I chatted with him for a couple hours and he said the 327 runs great and has lots of power even loaded down.
Great story. Can't wait to see how it ends...

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote