View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #67
WunTon

Re: WunTon's 63' BBW/SWB Fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Sparky View Post
You gift your son with these experiences. He'll remember them for a lifetime. Good Job!
Yup some of my favorite memories and why I still love wrenching are from when I was a kid being in the shop with my dad and his best friend to all hours of the night! My dads best friend was a well established mechanic in town until he was in an accident with a semi that left him paralyzed and lost everything including his sons life sadly. After that he had literally nothing but he always kept a shop space for his friends and him to hang out at even to this day. I remember being about 10 years old and sitting inside engine bays of random vehicles and him being on the side not being able to see a single thing I was doing but being able to tell me exactly which bolt needed to be touched next and walking me through things without even seeing what I was actually doing. My dad was the same he was happy to guide me through it and let me do it on my own so I was learning what I was doing and that always stuck with me so I hope I can give my son those same memories that I have!

Here's and example of my dad taking the time to let my son pound nails in my fence we were building when he could have just as easily said no and continued on but he took the time to stop and teach his grandson something. I strive to be as good of dad as he is to me!
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote