View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #160
J3rm0ff

Re: 72 Swb starting from the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I think every guy who is wanting the super clean firewall look wants to do this mod, me included. Initially I shied away because I just couldn't visualize how the hose routing would snake around to the back of the evaporator in the cab. I get pretty hung up unless I can visualize things. Thank you for these pictures and links to the other fittings and things needed to finish the job...
I would love to see the rest of the installation. I already have smoothed my firewall using the Vintage Air plate that comes with the pre-drilled holes, but I'd gladly re-work my firewall if I had the confidence of knowing how to do what you are doing. Plus I'd have the added benefit of getting a clean coat of paint inside my cowl.
Really love to see such high quality work like this! It makes me strive to do a better job.

Brian
I should also mention that I used the universal style vintage air system because it has all of the connections coming off to the side. It is a straight shot from where fittings come into the cab to the connections so it should be super simple. I’m not sure if the c10 specific unit would work out the same way or not. I had this idea in my head for a long time because like you say I want the firewall as clean as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
My opinion? Go ahead & do it now before assembly & paint. If/when a service issue comes up later, you'll be much happier you did.
Yea thinking more I added that to my list to make that access hole and cover.
J3rm0ff is offline   Reply With Quote