View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #37
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Does running a benchseat without headrests worry anybody else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
Or we can do both - live without fear and also live smart. I was just curious if people thought about it. The reality is that seatbelts saves lives, so do airbags. They do get whiplash with headrests, I agree, I did, just much less severe.

I didn't mean to light one off here - it's my first two pager as far as posts go. If safety was the primary concern I would just buy new. I think the advancements have helped alot but the reason I drive my truck is to go back in time. By that I mean to a simpler time and remind myself of when things seemed better.

One thing - how can not wearing a seatbelt give the same results in the trainwreck? It keeps you in your seat. Most people in roll-overs are thrown out then rolled over by their own car.

In closing - I think the biggest safety factor is being just a lttle higher than the car you are hitting or geting hit by. (Higher up in the air that is.) My truck does have that advantage so...
You are right, if I had not been wearing a seatbelt the impact of the train hitting me at 25MPH would have made me fly out of the seat and over to the passenger side, and yes the headrest didn't do much, if anything, in this circumstance.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote