View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #68
Xeen

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Cheeseman I went through a very similar thing with CPP's engine perches, poly motor mounts and 3" forward adapter plates.
CPP's 3" forward adapter plates set the engine way too far forward to the point you couldn't even get a radiator in between the core support and the fan, but I noticed I could come back an inch by designing and fabricating a custom adapter so that's what I did so now my motor mount is as close to the AC compressor bracket as it can go and still get my engine perch bolt in, so I ended up with 2" forward adapter plates which is correct for this application.

I set my engine and transmission back in but I still don't have enough room for my radiator and electric fans so I'm going to pull the engine and transmission back out and move my engine perches back 2" which will do the trick.

Now I have to ebay the 3" forward adapter plates because CPP won't take them back so I know how you feel.

BTW you will need doug thorley headers that was custom designed for this application to clear the CPP perches, you can pick them up for $590 shipped directly from their website, you will also need the Lokar flexible dipstick that was custom designed for this application which will set you back another $69 from Summit.

Check out page #14 and posts #347 and #349 of my build for the information on the headers and dipstick.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your build.