View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #71
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

I made a little time today to work on the fuel system. Started out with the tank for an 87-90 4 cyl Jeep Wrangler, a sending unit from an 87 Blazer and the EP381 fuel pump assembly.

This is a pretty straight forward set up and install, one thing I had read about and experienced is that you have to form (bend) the rod that the float on the sending unit is attached to because it will hang up on the inner baffle in the tank as seen here.

I just used 2 sets of vice grips to do a slow and easy bend until it cleared. First pic is the stock set up, second is the modified bend.

After the float was right, I installed the EP381 pump assembly and got ready to install the unit in the tank (yes I did install the strainer sock before installation into the tank)

Once all together it looks like...well, you guessed it, an uneventful tank with a sending unit in it

I need to pick up a few pieces of angel tomorrow to tie up the mounts I have dreamed up. Next up is getting the fuel lines straightened up and getting teh computer/tune done and then headers......

Cheese "stay tuned" Man