View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 11:36 PM   #67
RThree

Re: '72 K/30 Longhorn Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Awesome build you have going here! Have you been able to make any progress on the truck lately?
Thank you! And also thank you for the reminder to post a little progress!

Well we finally got her moved into a garage! So that was a big step. We also got the custom cross member issue resolved by trimming a little off one side so the high steer kit will work. We also got the leaf spring mounts welded back onto the rear dana 60 axle, on and the front dana 60 we had to weld on a longer centering pins on the leaf springs so it would extend though the 7 deg wedge we installed to get the right angle for the lift. Then i got the shock mount brackets drilled and mounted to the frame.

We decided to keep the carrier bearing and cross member for the drive shaft since the angles should work pretty well, we just had to shorten the output drive shaft from the 205 transfer case to the carrier bearing.

Next its onto the breaks. I ended up mounting the E-Brake brackets to the rear 4wd leaf spring shackles and i think they fit pretty well there. I am sitting down to order some new breaklines for the rear axle and the front also. After that its time to see if this little 292 will still fireup after a few years!
Attached Images

- 1972 K20 Longhorn, 4wd conversion. "TAWNKAA" Project. 292ci Inline 6 / '93 NV4500 / 32 spline 205 TC / Dana 60s front & back / rear Detroit Locker / 4.10 Gears / 35" BFG MT KM2 / 4" Tuff Country lift. "TAWNKAA"Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6823933
- 1970 C10 Lonbed, 292ci Inline 6, 3 on the tree, stock.
RThree is offline   Reply With Quote