View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #31
loosenutz

Re: Loosenutz's 66 SWB BBW LM4 Build

The Dirty Dingo mounts must put the engine pretty high? I set the engine and trans in this weekend. The trans is on the factory crossmember using the low profile Energy Suspension mount. I positioned the engine so the Holley 302-2 pan has 3/4" clearance to the top of the crossmember. My tranny is currently pointing 3° downward and my driveshaft is perfectly level. These universal mounts are going to work great! I'll post details once I'm done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Awesome build so far! I did this basic conversion on my 1969 C10. I will be honest and tell you i completely rebuilt the 5.3 iron block and damn, the design changes from Gen 1 Chevy blocks is great! Everything is O-Ring gaskets, fitiment is perfect, the crank is in with 6 bolts, and so on. Anyways, nice build, you will love the LS.
I will say this, i used dirty dingo motor mounts and when the 4L60E was in, my drive line to Tranny and Rearend angles were way off! I had to add 1.5" aluminium block to the tranny mount to get them to a decent angle. The tranny was pointing down at 13 Degrees. It could be the motor mounts, either way i had to install a High Hump cover to get enough clearance. Good Luck on this, ill be watching for updates.
Now i am off to go work on the next project, my 1966 Factory shortbed fleet.

Last edited by loosenutz; 09-23-2019 at 11:31 AM.
loosenutz is offline   Reply With Quote