Thread: 55.2-59 Electric Fan to Manuel Fan
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
MALIBLOC

Re: Electric Fan to Manuel Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin oil View Post
Temporarily run a hot lead from the battery to the relay and hook it to the terminal that the sensor was on. That should kick the relay and start the fans. If that works then you can replace the wire with a manual switch for the fans. This is the low amp side so any old switch should work.

With the switch in the intake manifold it may not be making good contact with anyifreeze. With the motor at or above radiator level it could have an air bubble in the system and the sensor is reading that air space and not coolant temps until the bubble gets purged. Try parking on an angle with the nose uphill once the temps are up for a few minutes and rev the motor up to around 2000 rpm. May get the bubble out.
could possible be just this , I will try this , could I remove the cap and just run the motor for a bit too, since the system is not pressurized would that force any air out ?
I drilled the hole as a safety measure , my truck would get to 220 then jump down to 170, I removed the thermostats and placed it in boiling water to make sure it still worked and it did, but I drilled the two small hole, maybe a 16th each. Every since I did this my engine runs right at 170 like before but yesterday the fan would not engage.
Thanks for all your help guys , this is why we like old truck right!
MALIBLOC is offline   Reply With Quote