View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #7
WyattTX

Re: Is there a fix for bad side molding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Not a week goes by that I don't have a customer come in with a molding falling off. Regardless of GM, Ford, Honda etc etc, they all have issues. It is because there is far too great of a risk when dealing with a molding held on with double back tape. Heaven forbid real clips be used, or a screw hidden by a push in strip.

Sometimes we can clean and retape but most of the time the owner has gone long enough that the molding is too distorted or actually bent/broken and has to be replaced. Anytime we replace a factory molding with the factory adhesive tape, we add more to it.

If we ever had the opportunity to have some engineers in a room alone, I promise you there would be bloodshed.
I get the same feeling, when I think about the tightwad that designed the second gen dodge ram interior, plastic falls apart, and when you dissassemble it to do work to it the plastic tabs break off making reassembly impossible. And no one makes reproductiono. I Know this a GM forum but that is an agitating problem Ive faced.
WyattTX is offline   Reply With Quote