View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
JetForceF22

Exclamation Help- both turn signal indicators turn on when lights are on

Time for everyone's favorite thing.... Electrical.

I have a 1995 Chevy Silverado K 1500

The problem seems to be simple enough, when I turn my lights on both of my turn signal indicators turn on as well, and it is draining my battery when I am driving with my lights on. I know it sounds like a simple ground issue, but I cannot seem to find where this issue is.

Long story short, the truck has been rebuilt pretty much from the ground up, it has a new motor transmission bunch of stuff done to the brakes and all of the lights on the truck have been swapped out 4 LEDs.

Here is what I have tested so far. I have checked the mass grounds on both sides of the frame, both are good, I have disconnected to the rear harness to see if the backseat issue was coming from the back of the truck, indicator lights were still on even when the back harness was disconnected, I have checked all of the grounds from the battery, all of them are good, & I have checked all of the grounds on the intake manifold all of which are good. I have also replace the alternator to no avail.

There has to be something I am missing? Like I have stated before, all of the lights have been upgraded to LEDs. Also worth noting my light / dimmer switch has been replaced with a new one. If I toggle the switch it seems like the indicator lights flicker a little bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated
1972 3/4 Ton Cheyenne Super, 350ci 650 cfm Edelbrock 4bbl Performer AVS, Edelbrock Torquer intake manifold, Headman Longtube Headers to 2 1/2in cutouts to 3 inch flowmaster super 40's true dual. 4.10? Rear SM-465/205 transfer case. Now this one is busted!! http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...k/1972 Pickup/
1995 K1500 Silverado 5.7L 350 TBI with 1in swirl torque spacer, Flowtech shorty headers, 3 inch collectors to y pipe going to 3in highlfow cat converter, single offset passenger side outlet, full 3 inch setup from collectors. Edelbrock High Flow 255LPH/67GPH Fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge, running at about 18psi. 3.73 Rear 4L60-E 4 speed auto (Rebuilt)http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...1995%20Pickup/
JetForceF22 is offline   Reply With Quote