View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
JetForceF22

Re: Help- both turn signal indicators turn on when lights are on

Update: Upon further testing last night I narrowed it down to my marker side lamps on the front of the truck.

If I put a incandescent bulb in my indicator light goes full green like it is on all the time. With the LED's its only a faint green but its still getting back-feed.

Here's where it gets strange. So the Market Light socket has 2 leads, a green lead and a brown wire. The green wire supplies power to the marker light when the lights are on. Not quite sure what the brown wire does. I hooked up the test light to the green wire and grounded the test light which resulted in the marker lamp turning bright. Upon turning on my flashers, the light flashed with no problem and the indicator in the dash was no longer lit when the lights were on.

I preceded to ground the green wire just like I did with the test light. However when the green light was physically grounded with a wire, it shorted and blew the break fuse. Baffled, I tried it again with the test light with no issues. As soon as I used the grounded wire, it blew the fuse again. I tried a few different locations for the ground with the same results. I'm still baffled, so until I can figure out why its doing this I disconnected the bulbs from both of the marker lamps.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?
1972 3/4 Ton Cheyenne Super, 350ci 650 cfm Edelbrock 4bbl Performer AVS, Edelbrock Torquer intake manifold, Headman Longtube Headers to 2 1/2in cutouts to 3 inch flowmaster super 40's true dual. 4.10? Rear SM-465/205 transfer case. Now this one is busted!! http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...k/1972 Pickup/
1995 K1500 Silverado 5.7L 350 TBI with 1in swirl torque spacer, Flowtech shorty headers, 3 inch collectors to y pipe going to 3in highlfow cat converter, single offset passenger side outlet, full 3 inch setup from collectors. Edelbrock High Flow 255LPH/67GPH Fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge, running at about 18psi. 3.73 Rear 4L60-E 4 speed auto (Rebuilt)http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...1995%20Pickup/
JetForceF22 is offline   Reply With Quote