Thread: 55 in NH build
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 02:45 PM   #176
daveshilling

Re: 55 in NH build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_C View Post
Ya I'm hoping the brakes are good. I just rebuilt the rears and I have a Wilwood adjuster off the the hydroboost. The PO installed the hydro and complained about the brakes but I believe he may have had his lines crossed.

I still haven't messed with my ebrake yet. I picked up a Camaro electric setup that I'm going to try to wire into the Camaro center console.
I haven't either.. I like that the later vette rears are setup for it so easily, but I'm wrestling with:
  • A push-button "Parking brake" that would be essentially useless in an emergency, or
  • A foot pedal "Emergency Brake" that I can control the amount of pressure with manually if something were to happen with my brakes somehow.

The foot pedal brake will attach right to the hood hinge bolts like it was made to fit there, but adds some clutter and additional installation complexity.

The E-Stopp style makes the remote mount easy, the button is cool, but if my brakes go out it just locks the rears completely...after seeing that video of the red Impala (I think it was) lose brakes and just smash into parked cars at a red light, the old school pedal brake feels like a lil insurance policy.

I guess have no reason to assume I'd lose all braking power front and rear, but with basically zero safety features in these trucks, maybe ONE feature is good?
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote