View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #137
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

I got the core support painted and stuck back in with the rad, intercooler, and trans cooler. My friend that does a/c came over and made a list of fittings I need to hook up the condenser to the compressor and got them ordered for me. The one line on the condenser is back in the core support and I have to put the hose on it while its out as I cant get to that fitting with it in place. The other line that goes to the evaporator sticks out further and is accessible with the condenser in place. I finished gutting the rest of the interior with the exception of the headliner over the weekend and started cleaning the floor up in preparation for the lizzard skin ceramic spray on insulation stuff. Been looking at the headliner and I think I will pull the rear window out and slide it out the back so I dont have to bend it and have it fall apart on me. I need to spray the insulation then I can put down the sound insulation stuff on the front half of the cab then I can get the brake support bracket and steering stuff put back in so I can steer it. My dad comes out and looks at it and says "You have gotten alot of stuff done but you still have a looong way to go". I was showing him all the new wiring harnesses for the body, power window/lock, and trans stuff and he just shakes his head and says it will take me another year just to wire it back up, he may be right....Other than the front passenger side floorboard, the floor is in really good shape on this thing. I guess a leaking heater core might have taken the paint off on the pass floorboard? The metal is in great shape just the paint was off. I was in town the other day and this sweet looking pickup passed me and I saw it turn into Burger King. I had to go check it out. Was a couple maybe in their 70's- 80's? They laughed when I told them I loved their pickup and could I snap a pic of it. The thing looked like it just came off the showroom floor, they really had it polished up.
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote