View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 12:02 PM   #52
SCOTI

Re: Steering coupler or Rag joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHILDE View Post
SCOTI, it looks like there is a 14:1 straight ratio box (instead of the 16/13:1 variable) coming out soon for our trucks from AGR (Ft. Worth). That with a Borgeson shaft should provide a decent feel and steering.
Interesting. I was never sure if the HD trucks used a different box vs. half ton trucks. Might be worth investigating those. The only ones I knew about (for HD trucks) was the Red Head steering boxes. That being said, I never really had any complaints on the feel of the OE box/gearing. It's not too easy nor too heavy. With the added caster I have dialed in, it feels pretty neutral when cruising down the road.

The rag joint failure @ <7k miles was my concern. I know my box leaks; and that fluid prob soaked the rubber material accelerating its demise but that was still way too easy & soon for it to come apart like it did.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote