Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #966
skymangs

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father&son56project View Post
Great info again! Hopefully my wiring won’t be too hard to figure out as my donour S10 is very basic, and I strongly prefer this. I will not have cruise or any power options like windows, locks, seats, etc. The AC compressor is missing from my donour truck but that’s fine as the summer temps here where I live will only break 90 degrees a couple of times per season, and probably average more like 80. As well, its a rural area so there is no “bumper to bumper” traffic. The big issue here is parts. Our wrecking yards are there to make money, so they don’t tend to hang on to older vehicles. Because of how fast cars rust out here, finding early 90’s S10’s for parts is tough. The wrecking yards don’t like keeping stuff that old as nobody is driving them here anymore. An aftermarket column will be my solution to that problem (and they look more original), but the info on the passlock system was good to know. By sheer stupid luck, the property I live on came with a late 90’s Blazer that had been used as a field truck by the previous owners, so I have spare parts coming out my ears. This will be a major bonus, as the price of parts in Canada is horrendous. Typically its double whatever you pay in the States.

I am looking for a site to post a thread on my Fargo build, and if I find one I like I will post a link. I will however be asking more questions here, as there is no better place to get quick and accurate information on S10 swaps anywhere. As always, thanks for the great tech tips and the words of encouragement!

Stephan
You can start your thread right here on the Projects and Builds forum. I’m looking forward to seeing this come together!
skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote